Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Strip Club Etiquette for Ladies

My whole life I've been watching characters "decompress" at strip clubs. Whether it was Al Bundy at the "nudie bar" or the guys from office dramas, or even guys on the lam, the strip club was a darkened haven of manliness in a sea of rampant femininity.  Bored, the dancers would writhe on the stage or pole as the men stared blankly and vaguely aroused.  I mean strip clubs tend to be subdued affairs where men chat idly, sip booze, and give sullen whoops as they put cash in the dancers' g-strings.    This had always been my experience in strip clubs whether they were straight or gay. 

This is quite a different experience from the way women behave at events where male strippers perform. There is shrieking, clawing, guffawing and just crazy fun at the sight of a hot man gyrating his pelvis at her. You would think that the girl has never seen a man in the nude before.  I've always been curious at the female tendency to scream when she sees a naked man, is it a biological imperative? I mean is it like a "fight or flight" response? What is it about the male anatomy that makes women squeal followed up by a giggle. I remember this response in middle school when I flashed some girls, it seems after the first squeal, it's imprinted behavior.

So there's a new Club in Miami called Swinging Richards. It is a gay themed strip club that caters to men who like men. Most of the strippers are straight personal trainers from local gyms who are proud of their physiques and their equipment. On any given night there are about 30 guys, on three stages who dance a 10 minute set. If the guy earns $10 bucks in the first 8 minutes he will strip down completely, full monty. If not, he will dance out his set and gracefully exit the stage. 

For the most part the patrons sip their booze and happily tip the dancers. The men who watch chat with each other, discuss politics, home decor, fashion and gossip the way their heterosexual brethren might talk about sports, and sports. Until that is, a woman comes in.

I was sitting there drinking my cosmo, chatting with my friends and this woman walks in the door, runs up to the stage and literally starts screaming. She was a foot away. Two other woman came up next to her squealed and giggled. Really? These were not young women. They were making a scene like this was the second coming or the last penis on earth.  None of the men were squealing, Dennis Rodman was not squealing. Then, after groping the performer, seeing his privates....they walked away giggling, no tip. They basically cock-blocked all of us from tipping the dancer and then the guy was just left there, penis in hand, no money.  It was at that moment I was glad I never dated women.

So ladies, if you go to a gay strip club just remember:
1. It's not Chippendales, go scream with your real girlfriends
2. Guys are there to chill, respect that.
3. Tip your dancer, waiter and bartender, they are not there solely for your pleasure.
4. Gays really don't want you there, no matter how much you think they do.(Even gays like a female free environment once and awhile.)
5. Don't act like middle school girls when you see a bunch of hot men stripping, sit back, relax, enjoy the show....make them work for their tips.    ; )

5 comments:

  1. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. my opinion is that there has to be a middle or common ground that we all can find. I do appreciate that you have added relevant and intelligent commentary here though. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. A middle ground for strippers or squealing ladies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100% ! I worked at a gay male strip club years ago and dealt with many cheap and irritating women. It really fucks up the atmosphere having them around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never grope a male stripper because he can sexually assault you for making him feel less manly if you're a woman. Men can make moves only.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a straight woman and I feel strip clubs for women need to be on equal ground as the straight males. Instead they only get down to the g-string. I am not wasting my time or money on that. So, my only choice gay strip clubs. I however, do not act like a female without class. But, I do want to take a visit there. They should have at least one night a week for women and you guys would not have to have us there.

    ReplyDelete