Translate

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who Are the Iranians and What Do They Want With Me?

OK, according to my blog stats there were 13 Iranians, 64 Russians and 1 Tanzanian reading my blog.  There were 12 Chinese as well as 15 Japanese.  I just want to say to all of you: don't be shy.  I know that the life of a middle aged kook living in a glamorous city such as Miami must be fascinating.  Reading this you can learn about feral chickens, aging, taxation, and assorted ruminations by a man who spent the better part of his 30's on anti-depressants.  I am glad I can give you a small insight into why Poodles are dogs for real men and proper etiquette in dealing with middle aged gays. 

However, is it really fair that I don't know anything about you?  I've always found it weird, whether here or on Facebook that there are people who read pages and postings and never comment or leave any trace that they are interested in you at all.  Then one day you run into them at a party, airport, restraining order hearing, and they know all about your postings, the picture of you passed out on the back of a parade float and anything else you put up online.  Come on Mr. Tanzania, or the 24 Dutch people (soccer team perhaps?) tell me a little about yourselves!

Alfredo, my husband, says you are all hackers. Really?  In my heart I am hoping that there is a small group of gay middle-aged Russians, working out issues in the cold heart of Siberia, reading my blog with laughter and hope that they too will join a gay swim team someday.  I am hoping that Mr. Tanzania might have a dead cousin who needs me to put $52 million dollars in my bank account for safekeeping while the legalities are sorted out.  I'm wondering if there's a Gay-Straight alliance in Hokkaido, Japan reading my blog and belly laughing and bowing at my jokes in the way only the Japanese can do. 

I'm thinking there might be 13 Persian drag queens hiding behind hijabs thinking: "wow, I thought the chickens in Tehran were loud, I'm sure glad I don't live in West Dade."  Who are these mysterious strangers, trolling the massive internet and reading my blog?

Even if you are hackers, Chinese government bureaucrats, Iranian Jihadists, closeted gay Russians, feel free to leave a comment, a hello.  I'm here for you.....really.






5 comments:

  1. The Qu'ran says being gay is wrong, and so does you bible, how can you possibly defend your lifestyle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. I was born this way, the way you were born in Persia. It is who I am and I cannot change it. This is the way the creator wanted me to be. It's not a "lifestyle", it's an innate characteristic of who I am. The lifestyle is the BMW, living in Miami, those are all lifestyles.

    B. All of these books are open to interpretation are they not? The Bible also justifies slavery,submission of women, bigamy, and a host of other things that we no longer adhere to in modern times. I cannot speak to the Qu'ran I have never read it.

    Quoting a holy text will not change who I am.

    Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated. I am glad to know somebody cares enough about their own faith to share it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just very hard to be who you really are in the country that I live in. We are persecuted, humiliated, and even killed if the government were to be aware of our homosexuality. Americans truly have it all, and we are just fading away under the veil of corruption and interpretation of a book that was hastily put together by Mohamed. Praise Allah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just 20 short years ago I was arrested and thrown in jail here in America for being a homosexual. I was humiliated and threatened and told by the police if I didn't pay a fine of $1000 my name would be released to the newspapers. I didn't pay the fine, and went to court. A sympathetic judge found me "innocent".

    Make peace with yourself first. Acceptance of who you are is a huge step, never an easy one. Freedom requires sacrifice...that can include jail, public humiliation and even martyrs. You can be the change in your life (A very American concept I know) Sometimes the simple act of telling someone about yourself is the bravest thing you can do. It's hard, but the river of freedom starts with a drop of water...or even a few tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stop reading your blog. I really connect with your wisdom and humor. Maybe it is the Sagittarius in me.
    Please keep blogging
    Regards, Peter

    ReplyDelete